Off the beaten path, explore some interesting sights from the past as you journey through time along the Ozette Triangle.
WilderRomp is your destination for gear reviews, helpful tips, and insights for all of your adventures. Through our trip reports, we hope to inspire you enough to get outside and do a bit of romping of your own. Be it day hiking, or backpacking, we’ll have it covered. And we’ll sprinkle in the occasional bikepacking trip just to spice things up a bit. We have a casual and laid-back approach, focused on fun adventuring for everyone. While we may occasionally share a longer trek, most you can plan over a long weekend. So, sit back and relax for a bit, and then get up and get out into The Wilder.
A great early-season backpack, the Lakeshore Trail to Stehekin in a perineal favorite. With wine waiting and a bakery for breakfast, what is not to love!
A practical tool for creating an emergency communication plan before you go romping in the wilderness.
Ultralight backpacking towels can be a great tool for drying off your person as well as your gear. In this article we’ll compare several obvious and a few not-so obvious options.
A nice hike in the high and dry Eagle Cap Wilderness in north east Oregon. Featuring plenty of wildflowers and the very nice Aneroid Lake with its interesting history and rustic cabins.
- What More, Ozette?August 6, 2022 - 10:55 am
- Lakeshore Trail to StehekinJuly 31, 2022 - 9:40 am
- Emergency Communication PlanMay 15, 2022 - 5:39 pm
- Comparing Ultralight TowelsApril 10, 2022 - 1:40 pm
- Backcountry First Aid Kit – A Pragmatic ApproachFebruary 22, 2022 - 10:42 am
- Flying With Your BackpackJanuary 12, 2022 - 9:21 am
- EVA Closed Cell Foam Pad ComparisonsDecember 5, 2021 - 3:45 pm
- Eagle Cap Wilderness: Aneroid LakeAugust 1, 2021 - 7:39 am
- MSR Pocket Rocket Deluxe vs Soto WindmasterJune 5, 2021 - 12:53 pm
- Enchanted ValleyJune 4, 2021 - 2:19 pm