This author has not written his bio yet.
But we are proud to say that Brian contributed 27 entries already.
Entries by Brian
What More, Ozette?
Off the beaten path, explore some interesting sights from the past as you journey through time along the Ozette Triangle.
Lakeshore Trail to Stehekin
A great early-season backpack, the Lakeshore Trail to Stehekin in a perineal favorite. With wine waiting and a bakery for breakfast, what is not to love!
Emergency Communication Plan
A practical tool for creating an emergency communication plan before you go romping in the wilderness.
Comparing Ultralight Towels
Ultralight backpacking towels can be a great tool for drying off your person as well as your gear. In this article we’ll compare several obvious and a few not-so obvious options.
Backcountry First Aid Kit – A Pragmatic Approach
A pragmatic approach to creating a backcountry first aid kit. The result is a well equipped kit that addresses all of the most common concerns and weighs less than 4 oz!
Flying With Your Backpack
Flying with your backpack? Can you pack your fuel, tent stakes? Here are a few quick tips to consider for a stress free journey.
Eagle Cap Wilderness: Aneroid Lake
A nice hike in the high and dry Eagle Cap Wilderness in north east Oregon. Featuring plenty of wildflowers and the very nice Aneroid Lake with its interesting history and rustic cabins.
MSR Pocket Rocket Deluxe vs Soto Windmaster
Feature review and initial performance impressions of the Soto Windmaster compared to the MSR Pocket Rocket Deluxe.
- What More, Ozette?August 6, 2022 - 10:55 am
- Lakeshore Trail to StehekinJuly 31, 2022 - 9:40 am
- Emergency Communication PlanMay 15, 2022 - 5:39 pm
- Comparing Ultralight TowelsApril 10, 2022 - 1:40 pm
- Backcountry First Aid Kit – A Pragmatic ApproachFebruary 22, 2022 - 10:42 am
- Flying With Your BackpackJanuary 12, 2022 - 9:21 am
- EVA Closed Cell Foam Pad ComparisonsDecember 5, 2021 - 3:45 pm
- Eagle Cap Wilderness: Aneroid LakeAugust 1, 2021 - 7:39 am
- MSR Pocket Rocket Deluxe vs Soto WindmasterJune 5, 2021 - 12:53 pm
- Enchanted ValleyJune 4, 2021 - 2:19 pm